This old vineyard, facing south, is located on a “back” where the limestone rich clay marl outcrops providing a severe soil that is able to curb the vigor of the variety.
The sand component is very limited here, so that the fraction of clay increases, increasing the richness in colour and the power of the stuctture.
It was a special parcel, already known in 1800. The purchase documents signed by Luigi Arnulfo along with his father Charles in 1873, already mentioned the name of the “Cat Field”, still used today on the label, and finally become official from the 2011 harvest.
The planting of the vineyard, the oldest of Costa Bussia, it was done in 1969 and covers the surface of one hectare.
It is an example of tradition, perfection and uniqueness to us. A real jewel.